Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Love/Hate Relationship... With Selling My House

As if my life is not crazy enough... we put our house on the market. I really don't think that getting a house ready to "show" could get anymore difficult. Those of you with young children can surely relate. That is probably why I am recently getting called "Super Momma" on my FB page.

Nope. Not even close. I am quite the disaster lately, if I have to say so myself. It doesn't help that lil G's reflux has prevented me from consuming more than a quarter cup of coffee a day... well MAYBE that could qualify me as a super mom. Anyway, having our house on the market is not fun. I could go on and on about my little twinnies following me around as I pick up and how they DUMP new baskets of toys at my feet. Or, how they walk around on the floor I just mopped, spitting the juice from their sippy cups.

Yesterday, I managed to hide 8 loads of dirty laundry around my house, so it only appeared that there was one perfect little load in the wash, ready to go. I avoided the oven, due to the last incident when we sold our condo... just take a guess.

I don't know if my girls are "normal", but I do know they are unbelievably destructive. They don't play with toys, they dump them and bang them on every surface of the house. They don't eat their snacks, they (currently as I type) dump it on the coffee table and crush it with hard objects. They are very much into climbing anything and everything they can, using other objects for boosters. It's actually very entertaining.

Needless to say, my house is a wreck and it is near impossible to clean it, without trapping them in their cribs. Which, for the record, I do not do.

All the while, I am carrying sweet baby reflux in a wrap. I don't care how good your carrier/wrap is... it's rough on the back after 6+ hours a day. That's my choice of parenting style, so can't complain there. Love that sweet cuddle bug:)


I love this house. I am going to miss it. I LOVE these sweet babies I have. They are more than a handful, but so fun:) This has to be the cutest age. I say that at every age. I can't wait for Summer and a new kid proof yard!

Oh, and have they considered using whining twin toddlers that can't talk, as a form of torture? They should.

They truly are teaching me patience everyday.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You are indeed a super mom! I wonder how you were able to keep everything together, including selling your house and taking care of your adorable twins! Sounds like they are quite a handful, but they would be happy once they get to play in your new abode! Back to house selling, I know that staging the house for the sale is quite a pain, especially if you have kids on the side. But do try your best to make the house tidy and neat. It would impress the buyers and realtors when they pay a visit your home. I hope that you get a good deal!

    -Ofelia Bertrand

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7 months had passed, and I assume someone has bought your house already. And, I'm pretty sure he/she is the deserving one to own your house. :) So, assuming that your house has been bought, where did you stay after it has been sold? Did you buy a new house someplace else, or did you rent an apartment?

    Darius Degross

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! That looks much batter! Thanks lot for shearing with us keep it up. In case you can also check that out https://www.favorhomesolutions.com/we-buy-houses-in-alabama

    ReplyDelete