Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My new favorite for this stage in the game... the stroller game that is.

You know you have too many strollers, when you are debating building a storage space to keep all of them...
I am not complaining. They are all awesome. Some are so awesome, that I don't want to take them out and use them, due to the staring factor. If you have seen some of my brother's stroller reviews, you know what I am talking about! 

I have been very lucky to have a choice in stroller throughout the twins many stages of picky stroller behavior. There have been countless occasions, usually occurring at the Mall of America, where we have had MAJOR stroller tantrums. I am talking, full-out back arching and successful attempts to exit their harnesses and flip out of the stroller. I debated on writing this, but they also attach each other often in the stroller. Hair pulling, biting, and smacking each other in the face is not uncommon. 

BTW- is this a twin thing???

Have you ever had to try and manage two screaming, rolling, fighting, and kicking toddlers all by yourself in a public place? I try my hardest not to cry and scream myself... oh and try not to pull their arm out of socket in the attempt to stop them from running opposite directions. It's so embarrassing and physically demanding on my end. 
 
I have also realized, in the past few months, that my girls HATE strollers.   

The point in all of this venting is that strollers are IMPORTANT and we have tried many of them. I am sure everybody has their issues with strollers and certain qualities they look for when purchasing one. The most important thing we have found is the seats. Many double strollers, in order to fold and be small and compact, they have seats that are reclined. It's nice if you have a child that wants to sleep in the stroller, but the twins don't sleep in the stroller... or anywhere for that matter:) So, they are constantly fighting the recline lately. They want to sit up and be able to look around and take in all the exciting things going on in their environment. The twins LOVE these seats!! I cannot express this enough. 

I think the Kinderwagon http://kinderwagon.com/ is amazing for these reasons:

- Folds easily and is VERY compact (longer and narrow compared to wide and box shaped- like many other doubles) 
- Lightweight 
- Stadium seating so kids can see everything around them
- "Normal" seats, not reclined
- Front to back seating- means less fighting nuggets!


I was expecting a double umbrella like stroller when I saw this. It is simple, compact, and light weight like the umbrella, but I was very wrong. This is NOT one to be compared to an umbrella stroller- at least not one that I have seen. 

You can buy it on   Diapers.com or check their website for your local retailer.  



-

1 comment:

  1. Hi,I think your blog is great! Could you please advise what other strollers you currently have and like? As it is impossible to get the Kinderwagon in Europe as it seems :((( thank you in advance,Christina from Hungary

    ReplyDelete