Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Birth Plan and Must- Haves

Baby Grayson will be here very soon! I am so excited to have a "real" birth experience! I am thankful for modern medicine and that they were able to safely deliver my twins, but I admit... I feel totally ripped off, when it comes to the experience as a whole. This time around, we are studying the Bradley Method and Hypnobirthing techniques.

I have done a ton of research the past several months and have decided to do a VBAC at Hudson Hospital. It's about a 30 minute drive, but well worth it. They not only support my decision, they encourage it. My room will be prepared for a water birth, but I will have to see how that feels in the moment. Hudson does many water births and the doctors have great things to say about them. They also encourage a natural birth with little to no interventions of medicine, exams, monitoring, etc...

Basically, I am hoping to experience a non-medicated and unassisted birthing experience, where I deliver my own baby, in a hospital. We shall see what happens, but I am putting out positive thoughts!

I will be taking my own linens, pillows, and gown for birthing, simply to be as comfortable as possible.

The gown and pajamas I have chosen are from http://www.belabumbum.com/ and it is the softest lounge wear I have ever worn. It's beautiful and practical for pregnancy and nursing. They also have a set with a matching infant outfit, that Grayson will be able to wear at the hospital. So cozy!!! Who says you have to look like a frump while in the hospital? No thanks! Yes, I know, many of you experienced labor mothers are probably saying I am crazy, but just let me believe this for the moment:)

I also MUST mention my nursing/maternity bras from http://www.nummies.com/! These bras are exceptional quality and I can't say enough about them. They have a ton of styles. I have the T-shirt, Fashion, and Everyday Bras. The Everyday Bra will be perfect for the hospital and I wear it at night too- will continue to sleep in this while nursing. The other two are perfect for wearing under clothes and are completely supportive, yet you can't even tell you are wearing a bra. They are amazing. I may nurse forever, if I get to wear these all the time! I will never want to go back to my old ones:)

A few other things in my bag are massage balls, lavender oil, snacks, and coconut water. I am painting a very perfect picture in my head, aren't I?! Wink wink;) Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment