Thursday, October 20, 2011

Grain on the Brain

I feel without a doubt, that grains are really bad for us. Especially, since the majority of our grains are made  with GMO. For some reason, I CANNOT get the constant thought of feeding the twins a "grain" for breakfast, out of my head! I have been struggling with them eating bread or oatmeal for awhile now and despite the harm grains have on our digestive system, I still can't help but want to feed them grains. Maybe, I feel like they are good fillers or maybe I am just finding myself brainwashed and unable to escape the common thought process about these "healthy" whole grains... I don't know.

I eat grains, although I am not a bread lover by any means. I guess, it just goes to show you, that no matter how much you have learned, you still have these things embedded in your brain. I mean, society has told us that whole grains are good for us, for a very long time. Why would we think any differently?
I need to just let it go... at least the twins are anti bread/grain and not fruit/veggie.

I have finally found the most amazing leak free cup for the twins smoothies. It's the Playtex Twist 'n Click... the one with the straw. Seriously NO LEAKS, easy cleaning, and the straw is big enough for the thick smoothie to pass through with ease. Love this one!

This morning they polished off a blueberry, banana, apple, and raw goat milk.The BEST thing about smoothies is that they are mess free!!

Here is an excellent blog entry on the effect grains have on our bodies. A friend sent this to me and I think this blogger explains it so well. Enjoy the read:)


http://wellnessmama.com/575/how-grains-are-killing-you-slowly/

1 comment:

  1. I feed my 10 month twins these with almond flour and blueberries & they love them! It's the best gf vegan pancake recipe I've found.
    http://www.thedailydietribe.com/2011/11/how-to-make-gluten-free-vegan-pancakes.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete